Winners of the “Beyond borders – Knowing unites people”call
Bracco Foundation in 2021 offered the entire Diventerò community, made up of winners chosen over time in the project opportunities offered by the Foundation, the chance to take part in the national Call “Beyond Borders: Knowing unites people”.
Bracco Foundation with this initiative aims to bring before the world girls and boys of talentwho in these years have distinguished themselves for merit and commitment in the field of Life Sciences and the Arts.
Starting from their own sectors of specialisation or the training experience acquired with Bracco Foundation, each participant was asked to produce a video message with which to underline how commitment, study, creativity and merit can have a specific role in overcoming any barrier or stereotype.
The Jury has selected two winners per target plus some special mentions making a total of 13 prize-winning videos.
TARGET A – under 18 WINNERS
- Marta Arnoldi (training project “A week as a researcher” in collaboration with CusmiBio)
- Jin Zhou (United Colleges of the world scholarship)
Prize: The under 18 winners in target A will be able to access digitally high profile educational activities organised by the General Comissariat for Italy’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai. In particular 50 students will be involved in an exclusive tour of the Italy Pavilion at the start of December 2021.
TARGET B – over 18 WINNERS
- Benedetta Lamari (territorial scholarship with Bracco Imaging)
- Danielle Madam (“Refuge for talents” scholarship in collaboration with Pavia University)
TARGET C – girls over 18 interested in STEM subjects
- Sara Elli (Women’s Empowerment for EXPO Astana 2017 training course)
- Kristina Nicole Martin (Leadership and Gender course with Soroptimist and SDA Bocconi)
Prize: The over 18 winners (2 from target B and 2 from target C) will visit Expo 2020 Dubai, in particular the event organised by Bracco Foundation on February 11, 2022 for the World Day of women and girls in science. This event will see the launch of a new version of the Mind the STEM Gap Manifesto to favour access to science for children and girls.
- Target A - IIS Torno (training project Science hour!)
- Target B - Miriam Carcione (Leadership and Gender course with Soroptimist and SDA Bocconi); Antonia Comito (scholarship supporting course at the Pinerolo Music Academy); Serena Galetti (“A school, a job” scholarship of Fondazione Cologni at the Poldi Pezzoli Museum); Gianvito Vilè (winner of the Felder Prize in collaboration with the Milan Polytechnic, Milan Polytechnic Foundation and Bracco Imaging).
- Target C - Women & STEM: Giuseppina Catanzaro (Cav. Lav. Fulvio Bracco Prize); Giulia Scimone (training project “A week as a researcher” in collaboration with CusmiBio)
>> Follow the social channels of Bracco Foundation to see all the videos!
The Call is the result of collaboration with the General Comissariat for Italy’s participation in EXPO 2020 Dubai, the Universal Exhibition held in the United Arab Emirates from October 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
The Italy Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, of which the Bracco Group is Gold Sponsor, has decided to recount “the beauty that unites people” and to highlight the Italian excellences in the chain of human capital, developing an innovative program to involve and activate the younger on the great challenges of the present.