“Welfare what a business!” competition 2022 – VI edition
"Welfare, che impresa!”, now in its sixth edition, is a prize competition that recognizes and supports successful local development projects by volunteer bodies, social welfare associations, charities, foundations and similar organizations.
Now inviting entries from organizations interested in receiving support for their social welfare projects and initiatives, the competition is sponsored by a group of foundations and banks, namely Fondazione Italiana Accenture, Fondazione Bracco, Intesa Sanpaolo, Fondazione Snam, Fondazione Peppino Vismara and Fondazione Conad ETS, with the help of AICCON, Fondazione Politecnico di Milano – Tiresia, Impacton, Fondazione Social Venture Giordano Dell’Amore, Techsoup and with further contributions from the business incubators PoliHub, SocialFare, Hubble Acceleration Program, G-Factor, a|cube and Campania NewSteel. The invitation refers to projects for:
- Welfare, care and community networks
- The regeneration of cultural heritage and the enhancement of historical centres
- Fighting poverty (energy, education, food)
- Environmental sustainability and the circular economy
The particular aims of the invitation for entries are: to promote innovative welfare projects; to stimulate youth entrepreneurship; to foster network and multistakeholder initiatives that produce concrete benefits for the community; and to encourage a planning mindset that is geared toward benefitting society and measuring the social impact of projects.
Organizations that have been set up in the last five years or that are yet to be incorporated are both eligible, though, in the case of the latter, the organization must be incorporated within six months of the date of the announcement of the competition if it is to receive the award and the relevant grant.
The complete Rules of the competition contain details about eligibility.
The prizes are as follows: four grants of €20,000.
All the winning entities will also win: a series of personalized mentorship sessions provided by one of the business incubators; a subsidized loan issued by Banca Intesa Sanpaolo of up to €50,000 (subject to verification of eligibility and creditworthiness); a current account with preferential conditions for 36 months, inclusive of a debit card with no monthly fee; and a personalized consultation with Fondazione Social Venture Giordano Dell’Amore.
Special prizes are also planned: find out more on the dedicated website.
The phases of the prize competition:
- from 16 March to 27 April 2022: application of projects
- from 28 April to 25 May 2022: selection of finalist organisations by the Online Jury; announcement of the 12 finalist organisations: 25 May 2022
- on 15 and 16 June 2022: training workshop for the finalist Entities
- from 17 June to 10 September 2022: two mentorship/consultation sessions for finalists
- on 15 September 2022: final event, pitch of the finalist institutions and announcement of the winners
Some dates may be changed as the project proceeds. The promoters will keep participants informed via the competition website. Check the website for announcements.